Ethos and Values
Our Mission Learn@ MAT
To create a learning environment, which recognises that all young people are different, but all deserve equal opportunities to achieve to their full potential. We will deliver an outstanding, inclusive, personalised curriculum through a multi-disciplinary approach in order to equip our students with the skills and experiences needed to embrace life-long learning.
Vision Statement for Learn@ MAT
All different; All equal; All achieving together
Key Values for Brook Academy and Learn@ MAT
Pillars of Learning for Learn@MAT
- Advocacy: A powerful voice to represent all LEARNers
- Achievement: Expertise across the spectrum of SEND
- Opportunity: Increased opportunities for personal development for LEARNers, staff and partners
Our Ethos at Brook Academy
As an Academy we:
- Ensure that all young people have access to good or outstanding teaching
- Provide a an aspirational differentiated curriculum in order to meet the needs of the learners at Brook Academy
- Check on the progress of the young people and identify, plan for and deliver any additional support the young people may need
- Provide personalised learning, which may include using additional providers, personalised timetables and use of specialist advice
- Build strong supportive relationships with parents and/or carers
- Work closely with multi-agencies in order to be able to support the young people
At Brook Academy we aim to form trusting respectful and caring relationships to create positive and meaningful attachments that are child-centred.We strive to improve life chances through a holistic approach, valuing the whole child; we will continue to develop our trauma informed practice so that it is embedded in a nurturing environment to enable the development of the individual, socially, emotionally and academically.We wish for all of our students to be healthy both mentally and physically.We aspire to offer quality provision that enables young people with social, emotional and mental health needs to excel and achieve their potential, providing them with the very best life opportunities.
We are aspirational for or students, families and staff and provide excellence in teaching, learning and academic ambition alongside excellence in intervention, pastoral support, guidance and care.
Core Values at Brook Academy
We believe in our core values ofInclude, Respect, Nurture, Promote and Innovate. These are used to inform our practice and our policies.
- Include– All pupils will be treated equally and feel they are included in Academy life.
- Respect– We will create a culture where Pupils will feel respected, respect others and respect the environment.
- Nurture– We will nurture the whole person - social, emotional and personal development is as important as academic and cogitative development. Learning is made relevant from where the young person is at that point in their lives/ in their stage of development.
- Promote– We will promote the pupils voice. Become specialist in SEMH and SLCN and promote our knowledge. Promote the voices of the family.
- Innovate– We will be innovative in curriculum design and creating opportunities for engagement for the pupils. We are going to be brave about our decision and learn from our mistakes.